Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Heading .. home?

Someone wants to move to Chile. ..


Home. I'm not someone who considers "where you hang your hat" or "where you leave your things" home. That being said, I'm not quite sure where I'd call home. Los Angeles, where I grew up? Long Beach, the first city I lived in as an adult? Chile ? In visiting the latter two I realized how much I missed these places.


I'm tired of living the gypsy life.  Living out of two suitcases filled with clothes, books, and snacks is can be hard (and messy!). But I still love life in Chile, I love the adventure, traveling, new people. But I am also prone to homesickness. On that note, I'm headed back to Santiago with a bit of ambivalence. I'm excited for more exploration, adventures, and experience ... and I want all my family/friends/accoutrement's to come with me. I guess you can't have the best of both worlds.


Right now, I guess I would say Chile is home, and I'm headed back there after a wonderful three, almost four, weeks of visiting family and friends in Los Angeles.


I'll check back in when I'm back in Santiago.

No comments:

Post a Comment