Friday, January 14, 2011

Walk to work

So since moving back to Chile and walking to work everyday, I've realized I this is the most beautiful walk to work that I've ever had (which isn't saying a whole lot because I graduated college two years ago). But! I've worked all kinds of jobs, before and during college. My walk to work is really stunning, and it's pretty short -- about one kilometer give or take away from the front door of our apartment.

Because it's so pretty I thought I'd share my walk with some commentary. Happy weekend!

 The view out the front door of our apartment. Just pas those bushes is the Mapocho river.
 The Mapocho river.

 A fountain in Parque Forestal, just a block from our apartment.
 La Casa Naranja: an arts center and nice restaurant, bar.
 The Bellas Artes muesum.
 Cute cobblestone street


 Outside the Emporio la Rosa ice cream store and cafe (they're ice cream is amazing!).

 Check out the amazing architecture.
 The always busy Baquedano, where people congregate. It was here that people came to celebrate after Chile advanced in the World Cup last year.
 MoviStar tower
 Second park I get to walk through, Parque Bustamante




Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment